Wednesday, March 17, 2010

i love my journey

It's been a rough couple weeks here.
My mom's birthday was a few weekends ago.
She would have been 55.
We don't really have anything "special"
but this year my husband and I took the kids to the aquarium.
We made it fun day.
I told myself if I just made it through the day
everything would be fine.
And I was fine that day but the days that followed were tough.
I miss everything about having a mom.
Random questions...pointless phone calls...heart to hearts
I hate that my kids already know I won't live forever.
And my daughter asks, what will she ever do without me.
And I really have no answer...
because I still don't know what to do without my mom
other than put one foot in front of the other
and live each day as it comes.
And trust God has a plan.

Monday, I had the opportunity to be a little creative.
And it was so good for me.
My oldest takes an American Girl History class at our homeschool resource center. They've been talking about Josefina. They were having a little celebration where they were all to wear outfits similar to what Josefina would have worn.
My daughter and I decided it would be fun to make it.
I am not a seamstress by any means. It was very simple.
It was fun to dust off my machines and see that I could still remember how to work them.
I was sewing and the kids were doing their schoolwork. It was just peaceful.

Ta da!
Actually I think my husband told her to say, Ole! :)
The shirt is from Old Navy but we made the skirt and shawl.
Like I said, it was simple, but we were happy with how it turned out.

About a month or so ago, I bought a necklace from Beth that says,
"she loves her journey".
It was a prayer, a hope, a reminder to me of what life is.
Today I was watching my 3 year old do something silly and all of a sudden I thought,
"I love my life."
I love things about my life all the time...my husband, my kids, friends...
but to love it as a whole...
I felt like God just answered my prayer. He's helping me love my life again.

Yay!

xo

p.s. Happy St. Patty's!
img from weheartit

7 comments:

  1. This post touched home with me on many levels...I don't know what I would do without my mom and I don't even want to think about leaving my son...I am so sorry you had to lose yours so early, that is not fair...and I think it is ok to be sad...and to put one foot in front of the other and be there for your children now. I love that you love your life...God works in mysterious ways doesn't he...and he just showed you what was important. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the Lord was able to assuage your grief in that way. Loving mothers are certainly a most special gift from Him.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the roller coaster just by reading. I almost lost my mom last January and I know that is not the same as losing her--it just dumbfounds me what you must be feeling and it makes my heart throb and I'm sorry.
    Surviving and loving where you are through the aches is really hard but I feel you fighting for it in this post with great intention! KEEP FIGHTING Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you lost your Mom.
    I wish I knew what to say but just want to say I am so very sorry and I know that saying this hurts doesn't even fathom to touch the heartbeat of it all.
    I am glad that you found a way to make a good day of it and find
    hope right in the middle of that day and your heart that
    could hold a storm of grief. Mom's are special and as I read this I can see your heart towards your Mom was deep.
    I know your Mom would wish a happy day like this for you
    on her birthday. Just praying you keep your heart full like that day always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always so sad when I read that someone no longer has their mom. I understand everything you wrote...I can't imagine the day when my mom is no longer here. She is my biggest supporter. The outfit is so stinin cute!! You are so awesome..I wish we had a class around here like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie..so nice to meet you!
    Im truly sorry about your mom butyes, you are so right that God has a plan and He is carrying you through this season in your life.

    I have five grown children; I home-schooled the youngest for 4 uears and loved it!
    My children are not married yet, but we have 3 four-legged kids..lol..two scotties and a westie, and at the moment we have 5 scottie puppies.
    I began blogging in January and now have 3 blogs altogether..an everyday blog, a spiritual blog and a dog blog. What fun Im having..I never knew there was a "blog-world"! lol
    I have met so many beautiful ladies and I am amazed at how our Lord has caused my path to join with so many others.
    I've been blessed, encouraged, strenghthened, challenged, comforted, and so much more.
    Your blog is lovely and Im following you ..

    Deborah \0/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    wath a lovly girl.
    very goriose.

    sorry my engels is very smal.

    greatings from europa send you conny

    ReplyDelete