
It's still sinking in, but as of Monday we became the proud owners of our very own home.
It's definitely been a journey.
We've been on opposite sides of the spectrum.
When I wanted to buy, he didn't
and when he decided we should buy
I decided I was pretty happy with renting.
Towards the end of April, my husband emailed me the listing for this house.
I agreed to take a look and afterwards agreed we should make an offer.
It's been a long process. Lots and lots of waiting.
A lot of praying and just trusting that if this was the house for us
God was going to work it all out.
In August, when we left Kauai, I was a mess.
I don't know why I felt so hopeless...
the past almost two years were so draining.
Maybe it felt like the fun was over and it was back to reality.
As we drove away from my Aunt and Uncle's, it started raining.
And then the beginnings of a rainbow faintly appeared through the gray.
God reminded me to trust him. Everything was going to be okay. It's one of the few moments in my life where I know he spoke to me.
So that's what I've been doing...trusting.
And here we are!
We've both seen God's hand in every step of the process.
It's exciting and overwhelming.
A new chapter in our lives.
There's so much to do.
Lots of to do lists
Lots of packing
Lots of I have no idea what I'm doing.
I've already found myself having to remind myself that God never gives us more than we can handle.
And God is continually confirming that I'm where I'm supposed to be. :)
We're where we're supposed to be.
That must be the theme for this month.
Amazing how God works.
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."
~Hebrews 10:23
Keep holding tight to those promises girlfriends, God is faithful.
xo
congratulations! it's super cute!
ReplyDeleteGod is ALWAYS faithful. OUr home a testimony as well... especially after coming off of the mission field.
ReplyDeleteDelighted to meet you today! Hope you don't mind if I splash around in your pond to get to know you. This looks like the perfect spot to slip off my shoes and be refreshed.
Splashin,
Sara
oh that's awesome julie!!
ReplyDeletei love how you see the Lord in each step of the way.
blessings on your new home!
congratulations, that is soo exciting!! Darling house, can't wait to see it all!! hint hint!! :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteSo nice! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteSo awesome the way He cares for us in every detail..Love that..Love Him!
Deborah xoxo
I am so excited for you guys!!! What a beautiful home.
ReplyDeleteWow...congrats on the new abode! Can't wait to see pictures as you make it a home.
ReplyDeleteHey-if you're interested...I just started a Wednesday link-up for moms to share a post about a day in the life of their homeschool. I love to be encouraged about how various families incorporate learning into daily life. Anyway, if you want to link-up go to http://alisonagnew.blogspot.com/2010/09/ordinary-days-link-up.html
Blessings (and happy decorating!)
Alison