Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th!

I can't believe it's already 4th of July weekend! Time is just flying by. Here is what we've been up to. :)

A chance meeting with Red Robin himself. ;) He kept brushing his tail feathers on poor Jaxon.

Another trip to the zoo. (If we're not home, we're probably at the zoo.) The komodo dragons are a required stop.
Camping with Dad! Johnny took the kids for an overnight camping trip, giving me 24 hours to myself. And he said he'd do it again! What a guy. :) The kids had a lot of fun. I did too.

Today we went strawberry picking with one of my dearest friends and her kids. It was a little hot for me and at least 2 of my kids (they wanted to go home pretty quickly) but it was fun. I can't wait until the next berry picking adventure.

I am still recovering from my 24 hours alone. I played tennis with my cousin for the first time in about 5 years. Today I can walk normally. Yeah! And I don't have the horrible headache I had yesterday from too much sugar/caffeine the day before. I packed those 24 hours pretty full. Maybe next time I'll get some housecleaning and laundry done. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th of July!

xo

P.S. I know I promised pics of hubby and I's wedding day but my scanner's on the fritz so maybe next time. :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you have done so much already. Isn't summer fun? Happy 4th to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie you were alone for a day! OMG how exciting. I don't know what I would do first... it sure wouldn't be laundry. :)

    Glad you are enjoying summer too.... I love the sun and everyone is so happy! Cute pix of kiddos. Hugs to you. xoxo Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You look like you've had a fun few days! Glad you got the berries. :-) We are going to make jam tomorrow. I'll have to bring you some. Are you planning to go to Jetty Island on Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOps! We are berry picking this week. Jetty Island is next week. Whoops! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are having a lot of fun! I have been wanting to go to the zoo for quite a while. Taking my niece is just the excuse :) Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful summer so far...I think I need to go strawberry picking it sounds like fun! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you had a great start to your summer! So nice of johnny to give you a break! That's kinda funny about the red robin...

    ReplyDelete