I'm having one of those days (or weeks). It's a gray about to rain day. The boys are sick. Still I had a quick errand to run and then we went to the beach to each lunch. Veggie lasagna, roasted vegetables and sushi (thanks PCC). I had high hopes of hot breakfasts and yummy lunches from scratch this summer. Then I realized I don't even know what to make for lunch besides mac n cheese, sandwiches or some variety of noodle soup. The house is a mess, despite my good intentions and plans to finally get rid of stuff and get organized. My oldest is making a fort in the living room of blankets she will forget to clean up. Speaking of my oldest, why is she so much like me? Good and bad... The other 3 are not napping or having quiet time like I sent them to do an hour ago. How many more days of this are left?
Now to the necklaces. :) The one thing I always worry about with the girls names is that they won't ever find their names on anything. You know when you'd be some where and go to the gift shop and find a mug or key chain with your name on it? It's silly. I don't even think they've ever noticed or even bothered to look but I remember loving to do that when I was a kid.
After reading Lissa's post the other day or whenever it was (my days are all blending together) about the Beth Quinn necklace she bought, I of course had to go and explore her website. I happened upon these adorable little girl necklaces. They are so cute and my girls love them!

Yesterday, aside from being Father's Day, was hubby and I's 7th anniversary. I was going to post a wedding pic of us looking so happy and young (and naive) but that was when I thought I had one already scanned so maybe my next post I'll do that. :)
Sigh and now I'm off to remind my kids what nap time/quiet time is supposed to sound like.
xo
Those necklaces are so pretty. I love them. I never had my name on anything either growing up, but I had fun looking for friends and family member's names instead. Well, summer will be over before you know it, hang in there with the kiddies...the sun is bound to show its face.
ReplyDeleteI felt the same way about today with the gray weather. So funny that you talk about your girls finding things with their names on them. I hated more than anything that nothing ever had my name on it. I finally found a mug from the M&M store in Las Vegas. It was a super ugly mug but I bought it just because it had my name on it. The necklaces you got are way better then a mug :)
ReplyDeleteI keep hearing about the vegetarian lasagania from PCC...I must try it out.
Hope the sun comes back!
Blessings,
Nora
Isn't beth the best? those turned out darling!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you were having one of those days...I hope things are getting a little better and don't be so hard on yourself sweetie, some days we just have to let it all go. Beth has the cutest stuff!! And happy (late) anniversary...hope you had fun!
ReplyDeleteI hate one of those days or weeks or even moments. Wishing your day good and hopefilled.
ReplyDelete