Thursday, November 19, 2009

packing my bags

On Monday, I found out my Grandpa (my mom's dad) passed away.

It's horrible timing for our family,
not that there's ever really a "good" time...
We know he's in a better place.
Pain free...happy...with Jesus, my Grandma and my mom.
But there's been a lot of "why now?"

After a lot of debate,
I decided I would fly to Kauai next week for his funeral.
It was a really hard decision for me...
but since my mom obviously won't be there (at least not physically)
I felt like someone should represent our family.
And I was the only one who seemed to be able to go.
It's been one of the hardest decisions I've had to make since my mom passed.
I wanted to support family
but I haven't seen my husband for almost 2 weeks,
and I'll miss my kids
My husband gets back Sunday night.
I fly out early Monday morning.
I will miss my 4 year olds cute little "Thanksgiving Feast" at preschool.
I know it's such a small little thing, but I am bummed.
I fly home on Thanksgiving and get home early Friday morning.
Friday we'll host a little "Thanksgiving" dinner.
I have never made a turkey.
I am not known for my housekeeping skills.
I am really trying not to get overwhelmed
by everything that's going on.
I'm hanging in there.

I know God is good
and He has a plan
even if I have no clue what it is.

Happy weekend!
xo

8 comments:

  1. So sorry about your Grandpa, but you are doing the right thing. Those grown up decisions are hard to do when they conflict with our heart's desire...like being there for your daughter's feast. I'll be praying for you Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we are having the same type of week...expect, I don't have to have to fly anywhere or miss thanksgiving. I hope the trip is good for you. I'm sure your family will be glad to see you. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sooo sorry to hear about this!!!
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this. Sometimes it feels like when it rains it poors! Have a safe trip! THank you so much for today. I hope they were good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh honey, i am so sorry to read this, but you are doing the right thing, and your family will be here when you get back ready to give thanks for everything you have...stay safe. Much love coming your way, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss... Grandparents are priceless and the timing sounded so difficult for you... hope it all went well in spite of the circumstances.

    Blessings,
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry. I will keep you and your family in our prayers. I know you will miss your own family so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure your family will be glad to see you. Blessings to you.

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete