This weekend, this sweet baby girl turned 8!
I can hardly believe it.
I am the mom of an 8 year old!

On Saturday we celebrated with a bowling party.
She had a blast!
I feel like I need to send an apology with the thank you cards.
It was a rough day.
It's been a rough weekend.
I've been fighting off a cold...
so I've been grumpy...
and not a very good hostess...
I hope the girls didn't notice!
(my husband for sure noticed)
Thank goodness one of my besties stayed and helped out.

Is it bad that I'm glad it's over?
That middle picture in the collage is my favorite!
After some debate we got Jolia an American Girl for her birthday.
(We chose one of the "Just Like You" dolls)
I thought she was going to hyperventilate!
I've never seen her so excited for anything.
It made it so worth it.

Did I mention that instead of "Happy Birthday Jolia"
the cake place put "Happy Birthday Nicky"?
Maybe that added to my grumpiness.
I should have taken a picture of it.
Oh and I made that banner with this kit here.
And the paper flower and the little bday girl were made with goodies from here.
Her stuff is so cute. I'm going to be using more of it with the kids.
Today is Day 1 without my husband.
Pray for us, we are off to a rocky start!
It must be Monday!
xo
Hang in there Julie! I'm thinking about you...
ReplyDeleteAnd happy birthday to your beautiful daughter...my oldest turns 8 next weekend!
Feel better soon!
:) T
I'm praying for you and your hubbies trip. Plesae let me know if you need anything!
ReplyDeleteI know you can do it, hang in there! happy birthday to your daughter!! :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet pics of her. We did a bowling party for my youngest too. Don't stress...we all have bad days. I'm always glad when their parties are over too. It's alot of pressure planning and preparing for them and then praying that they have fun etc...exhausting.
ReplyDeleteI didn't even notice you were grumpy! I hope it wasn't because of my 2 little girls! I love to hear about how excited jolia was for her doll! And I think she wants a puppy too! She's always asking how Oscar is.
ReplyDelete