Tuesday, January 4, 2011

words for the year


I like choosing a word for the year. I think my word last year was "live".
I'd like to think I was successful in that, but I know I wasn't. We never know what the future holds. I made it maybe 1/4 of the year before life just got me down. Of course, I got back up again, but my goal changed from really living to surviving.

I chose two words this year, or rather they chose me:
create and grow.

create: bring something into existence, cause something to happen

Isn't that broad? I love it! I want to create more stuff around the house, with my kids, little craft projects here and there...but I'm excited about all the possibilities that little word holds!

The definition of grow was a lot more complicated, as in there were many to choose from. When I think of grow I usually think of the role I play in my kids' lives. In a nutshell, I want to help them grow into adults who love God with all their hearts. I'm trusting Him to fill in the rest. But I kept being hounded by the word actually applying to me as well. So I think I must have some growing of my own to do. One of the definitions said to be capable of growth, to develop so as to become, to thrive.

It definitely sounds interesting. :)


When out running errands I happened upon this candle (see! this word is totally following me!). So I got it as a little reminder.

xo

2 comments:

  1. great words my friend
    &
    i love the affirmation you found while out running errands.
    thank you for all the words of encouragement you have given me in 2010
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! I'm glad you found a candle with one of your words on it! That's fun. I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete