Monday, January 31, 2011

party weekend



This weekend we finally celebrated my younger daughter's 7th birthday. Her birthday's the end of December. We had a family party for her but of course she wanted one with all her girlfriends. :)
We had the party at our house. I was so nervous! I haven't hosted a party at home (other than family) since my 9 year old was in preschool. Our previous home was pretty small and I never feel like my home is good enough. (It's never clean enough or put together enough, etc.) I love having friends over to hang out but the idea of a party (even for sweet little girls) completely intimidated me.
I'm so glad I did. It was so much easier than I thought it'd be
My husband was so helpful! He ended up putting together most of the food. We made little flower sandwiches. They were so cute. I can't believe I didn't get a picture. I really couldn't have done it without him. We're a great team.
I hope the girls had a good time. I kept asking my girls what they thought. :)

And now I can stop worrying about it!

xo

p.s. My top pic is my attempt at the rule of thirds. Click the button below to learn more. :)

3 comments:

  1. Julie~ thanks for a great day for the kids! Those sandwiches were super cute as were the necklaces the girls made! I love your top photo! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you dared to do this and you are so glad you did!!
    It must have been such fun for your daughter and her friends...
    Love your photos!
    And a happy birthday to your daughter!!!

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun celebration with sweet details!
    I hope life is going wonderfully for you!

    ReplyDelete