Sunday, June 7, 2009

What we've been up to


Jo had her first ballet recital on Wednesday. She's taking ballet at our homeschool resource center. It was the cutest. I think her favorite part was getting to wear make up. :) It was fun watching all the different dances. Lots of talented kids.

On Tuesday Jay told me she wanted to get her ears pierced. I was surprised. Big sister got her ears pierced at 4 but Jay told me she wanted to wait until she was a teenager so I'd stopped asking her about it. I took her Thursday to get them done. She cried :( but later told me she was so glad she'd gotten them done. I know it's hard to tell from the pic. You should have seen the earrings she'd originally wanted. They were 3xs the size. I guess she figured the more sparkle the better.

Here we are at our church's 50th anniversary community fair. We're missing one if your counting. Jay was off with one of her BFs. The kids had such a great time. I only got to stop by to drop off one of the kids (he'd had a bday party earlier in the day) and hear Jo sing and then I rushed off to a friend's baby shower. Saturday was a busy day.

I'm looking forward to the summer. I realized today in my class (I'm taking a grief class at church) that what's going to get me through (besides Jesus of course) are my family and friends. So I'm excited to spend the summer spending time with them. It's going to go by fast I know so I should enjoy it instead of worrying how I'm going to keep the kids busy. We'll figure something out. :)

1 more week!

xo

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love her earrings. Good for her for being brave. Yes, the more sparkle, the better.

    I was wondering where you were at the community fair. Now I know. I saw Jay there with her auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely family you have. Everyone looks very happy. Happy Monday to you. xo Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the earrings and that she wanted to get big ones. Looks like you have trained her well...the more sparkle the better :) Sad I missed the fair at church but Farm Chicks was worth it. Glad it went well though.
    Hope you have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! We have this made up timeline for getting ears pierced. My oldest was 6, so I guess that's the age:) I'm really can't wait, they look so cute with earrings in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you....You have the absolute cutest kids!

    HOW FUN! I remember when I got my ears pierced the first time...I think I was 5, and I cried...but boy aren't the earings fun now!

    XOXO
    Stefie

    ReplyDelete