Friday, June 12, 2009

What a week!


This has been a busy week! We have a couple more events on the family calendar and then we are taking a little break. Yeah! Remember that tea party I said I was going to have way back when. I can't even find the post now. It's been a couple months. Anyhow, I finally did it Monday. I even made little tea cakes.

They were a pain to make but the kids loved them. Kai kept saying what a great day it was. It was worth it. They even liked the tea (I used Tazo Passion Tea. It's fruity and caffeine free.).

I was going to do a post Tuesday because it was 6 months since my mom passed in December. I just never got to it and really I have no words yet. It was too busy to dwell on it too much which was good and bad.

Thursday was my little sister's 11th birthday. There's a pic of us here. That was a busy day of trying to make it special. It's hard. My sister does better one on one and I have 4 kids, 2 of which were with me (the girls) to celebrate with her and 1 who wants so badly (too much so I think) to be her friend. It's complicated, maybe one day I will get into all that drama. I hope it was a special day for Jami. My Aunt flew in from Maryland to celebrate with her and be with her for Saturday for a special church event.

This morning after a rough start, I came home from a walk and one of our neighbors, who I'd never really talked to, brought this over for the kids. I was so blessed by this little token, and her words of encouragement. If you know my kids IRL they can be wild, especially my boys. I could post something everyday about how at least one of the boys has driven me crazy. She told me how loving my kids are and that I'm doing a good job as their mom. I needed to hear that! Sometimes I get so discouraged.

Last but not least, here's our preschool grad! We are so proud of her! The school year is over now. I have to say I am a little sadder than I thought. The kids had such great teachers who love Jesus, were dedicated and just loved on the kids. Now they're going to be stuck with me. ;) This summer will give me a lot of opportunities to practice what I preach, especially patience. I am always working on being more patient.

Happy Summer!
xo

7 comments:

  1. You ARE a good mom. You have a good heart who wants the best for them. I could write a post too every day about one of my kids driving me bonkers. You're not alone.

    What a sweet neighbor to bring a big tub full of chalk over. I bet they love that.

    Jolia looks so cute in her cap and gown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy grad day Jayla!!! Sorry I wasn't invited to the tea party... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had your tea party. It looked lovely and how cute is Jayla! Super cute in her cap and gown... i have kindergarden grad as well... wow where did the year go! People can be so amazing... what a sweet neighbor who watches your family and knows how wonderful you are!
    my kids are stuck with me too this summer!!!
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet...so busy. This time of the year life gets to be a bit much. I'm excited for more relaxing days ahead! The tea party looked like so much fun. I think I might need to have one and invite all you lovely bloggers over :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that as a busy week...your tea party looks wonderful! and I am speechless of what your neighbor did and just when you needed it, some miracles happening here!! Congrats to the grad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound like a great mom. Don't be too hard on yourself. We all lose our patience with our kids sometimes. It happens. How sweet are you to make little tea party cakes...see? Now that's a great mom.

    ReplyDelete