Saturday, March 14, 2009

Being cheerful...


This picture makes me smile. :) There's my little flower child and one of my favorite childhood companions, Buffy. I think I have a couple pictures of myself posed the same way. It also reminds me of when I used to sew... I think I made that dress the summer before, but it was too big. She loved it once it fit. Oh how I long for warm sunny days!

Today was rough... I woke up grumpy, tired and still with the lingering effects of my cold. It didn't really get much better as the day progressed. As I looked for a scripture that dealt with crankiness, I came across 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (MSG):

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.

Cheerful no matter what? Seriously? That so wasn't me today. Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day and I don't have rely on my own strength. I get to try being cheerful no matter what with lots of help from Jesus. :) xo

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cute picture of Jayla (and Buffy!) I hopr you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the second half of your day is much better.Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete