r.jpg)
What a blessing these kids are to me! They are a daily reminder of God's goodness and patience with me. Sometimes I wonder what he was thinking entrusting me with all of them. Tonight those 2 cute little boys had me pulling my hair out. Isn't it crazy how they can do that to you and then do just the right thing to make it almost all okay? :) I just kept thinking "this too will pass". Especially with my 2 yo. I had to remind myself that it was going to get better and I will miss him being 2. I won't miss him rolling on the floor and crying for no good reason, but I'll miss something about this stage in his life. He gets away with so much more than my oldest ever did. Some things just become not as big a deal as they used to be. Sometimes I feel like I need a sign that says, he's my fourth child and I'm tired! Just so people know when it's just the two of us that I can explain. lol.
God has taught me so much through these kids and I know I still have so much more to learn. My oldest is only 7 (although 7 seems so old to me right now, I can't figure out how she's growing up so fast) and they're all so different. He is the ultimate parent. I am not. There are so many times I don't get it right. Sometimes I wonder if I get any of it right!
I've been down in the dumps the past few days...maybe longer I don't know. Just feeling stressed and emotional. I couldn't seem to get over it. Wednesday, I had dinner with a dear friend. She's always been someone I could talk to, but we've bonded more over recent events. I didn't even have to say what was upsetting me, I could feel it all melting away and being replaced with the joy of the Spirit. :) Yeah!
This morning I finally made it to Bible Study. We're doing a Beth Moore study on Esther. I was so blessed. Blessed, blessed, blessed! :) God is awesome! When I am in His Word I just can't help but be blessed by it.
So I had 24 hours of just feeling completely, totally, blessed and at peace with what's going on in my life. And that's given me what I've needed to deal with cranky, complaining, demanding kids this evening. :)
Isn't God good? He knows just what we need when we need it!
Hope you guys have a good Friday! We made it through another week! :) xo
P.S . I hope this post isn't too jumbled! I suddenly had so much I wanted to say and I'm tired of reading it over...I hope it at least makes sense! I guess I'll read it again tomorrow and find out... :)
You do such agreat job with your four kiddos. I laughed when I read the part about you having a sign that read...he's my fourth and I'm tired. I had to go to the Dr. this morning with 4 kids. I get into the room and the nurse tells me the Doc is running late. Not good. So I just let them destroy the room and appologized when the doc came in. I was so not in the mood to get after them for 20 minutes. Love this post. Keep up the great work...the fruit is on its way ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love that idea for the sign too! Maybe make him a T shirt. Jimmie used to wear one when he was about 3 or 4 that said Here comes trouble. (from HI of course) Anyways, I was at Bible Study. That's so weird! I didn't see you either! L
ReplyDeleteps I LOVE your kids! But i know the girlies way better than the boys! Yesterday Emma said at church that I was a mean mom and Johnny stepped in and said "That's right! We're the meanest parents ever!" (or something like that!) Very funny though!
Julie, you are a great mom; you're doing a greta job with Jaxon, Kai, Jayla & Jolia.
ReplyDeleteJulie ~ Just a little note of encouragement about Jaxon. Yesterday at MOPS he was a delight. He was obedient, sharing and even helped clean up. I just wanted you to know that you are a wonderful mom.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the encouragement ladies. :)
ReplyDeleteamen girlie!!
ReplyDeletei understand though....sometimes all the encouragement and all the right scriptures sometimes isn't enough to pull me out of the yucky place that i dont' want to be in either....but god is good & he is always there.
you sound like an amazing mommy to those precious four babies
xo