Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Here we go...

I'm not really sure how you're supposed to start a blog... My dear friend suggested it to me, and although I'm not sure how it's going to turn out I thought I'd give it a try. I guess I'll just dive in...

Rarely does a quick run into a store end up being quick, especially if your 2 yo is not in any sort of restraining device and you're pushing your sick, sleeping 5 yo around in a stroller. I know this. I'm not sure why I tried it anyway. I didn't find what I was looking for, bought stuff I didn't really need, chased my son around the store and told anyone who would listen how well behaved he usually is...when he's strapped into his stroller. At least they'd seen worse.

Of course because my quick errand took longer than expected I was running late to pick up Kai (my 3yo) from preschool. As we're speeding along the freeway my 2 yo, Jaxy starts fussing. I ignored him for a moment thinking through the reasons he could be upset only to finally glance back and realize he's only half way buckled into his car seat. I can't figure out if I didn't buckle him or if he learned how to unbuckle himself. Great. I did successfully and safely pick up my son and he was not the last child there.

Did I even mention my original errand? Why I was out and about to begin with? lol. I had to pick up a giant clam shell. lol. And I don't even know where I'm going to put it anymore. Wait til my husband sees it.


1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you for starting the blog. :)

    Did I tell you about the time that I went to the mall to do a quick return which ended up not being so quick? I ended up leaving the mall 1 1/2 hrs later with a 2 yo over my shoulder kicking and screaming with a baby in a carseat in the other hand. The worst part was there was an older couple who followed me out of the mall and half way to my car to make sure there wouldn't be a case of child abuse!

    ReplyDelete