Thank you all so much for your prayers! My talk with my dad went so well I know it was the Lord. I was so worried that our talk would put him on the defensive (I had a few things to talk to him about) but it didn't.
I had a conversation with one of my aunts when I first got back from Hawaii that I was surprised at how my dad seemed to listen to me more. I guess it's because of the situation, and now I am grown up with a family of my own. :) I don't know but it's neat to be able to have adult conversations with my dad. My dad and I haven't had many in depth conversations. I guess because I was so much closer to my mom.

And my sister is fine. Just some social skills we all need to learn. :) This pic of my dad, sis and I is from the Marriot Waiohai Beach Club in Poipu, Kauai. This was our second time staying here and we love it. It's the only hotel I've stayed at in Kauai (we stayed with family when I was a kid) and I'm hoping to stay there if we (me and hubs and the kiddies) make it back next year.
Enjoy the sun! We've been having such great weather here in the northwest. Love it!
xo
I am glad to hear everything worked out...! you are adorable!
ReplyDeletei'm happy everything is working out.
ReplyDeletexo
p.s. how cute are you!
So glad God was with you during your conversation. I agree about having adult conversations with parents. It's such a great thing to see the transformation...still a little strange though.
ReplyDeleteHope you have an amazing week ahead!
Blessings,
Nora
i knew you and God would do it right. btw that is the place we stayed on our honeymoon. love poipu beach - so great for the kiddos.
ReplyDeletexo melinda
I bet you were so relieved when you were done having the talk. Glad you made it through. WHEW...
ReplyDeleteI just read your comment on Jeanne's blog about another purse... Should there be an intervention. I mean this is starting to sound serious!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete