Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I did it!

Years ago (like when we only had Jo) we used to sponsor 2 little girls through Compassion. Money became tight and we had to stop. I always told myself when things got better we'd sponsor again. The Lord has been nudging me the past few weeks (maybe even longer, my perception of time is often off) that now is the time. A lot has been going on. I'm so easily distracted.

It's funny though because I've seen Compassion mentioned quite a few times in blogland. I haven't followed the LPM blog lately, but it caught my eye today and I'm excited to catch up. It's kind of felt like God reminding me of what I'd said so long ago. I can't wait to get the picture of whomever He has chosen for us and I look forward to including the kids in it. I hope it'll be reminder to our family of how blessed we are.

xo

Oh and the pic is of a Martha Stewart project a friend made for our Mother's Day MOPS meeting. They're super cute. I got to keep a few for my girls room. Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for listening to your heart. Maybe when you get a picture of the child, you can post it and tell us about him or her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie your heart so big. This is what really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I am so glad you were able to sponsor a child again. My mother did this for many many years and it was always neat to get a letter and a picture in the mail of the child she took care of! Bless you...XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting. So happy that the time is right to sponsor a child.
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete