It was so nice to have sun this weekend! We had some friends and family over for an impromptu bbq. I haven't seen some of them since last summer (my hubby gets to work with some of them so he sees them all the time). Everyone's kids have grown so much! Only Tosh (the dog) has stayed the same. :)Sunday after church we went down to uvillage which my husband said is much more enjoyable to shop at than our local mall. We decided because it's outdoors. He lasted much longer than I anticipated. I haven't been there on a weekend in years but it was for a good cause. They were selling discount cards that you could use for the weekend. The money collected from the sales of the cards went to benefit women's cancer research at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Some of the stores even donated a percentage of their profits for the weekend. I enjoy shopping in general, even more when it's for a good cause. For me shopping is easier than this. Looks like they cancelled having it in WA this year so maybe that'll be my excuse. Someday I'd like to give it a try.
Too take advantage of the last bits of the sun we had a little picnic in the backyard and Johnny hosed down the kids. Well just the girls, the boys weren't really sure about it. Dad is so much more fun than mom. ;) I can't wait for sunny summer days! Hopefully they're just around the corner.
And I almost forgot to mention my little sister got baptized Sunday morning (first service). Definitely an exciting and bittersweet moment.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
xo
Oh sweet photos! Thank you for coming by my blog. I need to visit here often.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed and happy day!
-kristin
I may get to u village this weekend cause Mark is taking the boys camping all weekend. So it will just be Sophie and I...shop, shop ,shop!!!!
ReplyDeleteWasn't the weekend weather awesome? Glad you had a great time.
That's so neat that Jami got baptized.
So sweet. I wish I was at service this week. Our friends baby was dedicated so we went to their church. Those sunny days really did make such a huge difference! Amazing what a little sun can do :)
ReplyDeletePraying we have many more coming our way!
Blessings,
Nora