Friday, May 29, 2009

I think it's time

I am so excited for the weekend! It's supposed to to stay sunny and you know me and the sun. I love it! I'm so happy to spend time with my family and not have to go anywhere. The end of the year rush is really getting to me. My oldest only has one more week of school and the middle two are done the following week. We are almost there!


So I think it's finally time...*deep breath* I think I am ready to take my little guy in for a hair cut. Maybe even this weekend. If you know me IRL then you know I have been putting it off for a long time. He is my last baby. Sadly, as hard as I try I can't get him to stop growing. Of course he really doesn't do much of what I say. I think I can handle a little trim. His hair is getting a little too wild. Especially after a long day of outdoor play.

Lastly, I know someone knows the name of this flower...(Melinda?) I need to get an encyclopedia of plants. I love going to Trader Joe's and getting flowers. I really need to keep up on having fresh flowers in the house. They make me smile. I love looking out the window at the daisies I planted. The ones that are left. (My baby helps himself to them.)

There's been some anxiety going around our house. These are anxious times. Sometimes I don't even know why I'm feeling it. I came across this verse:

When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94:18-19

and

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

I would be nothing with Jesus. He is everything to me. :) Wow. I know he'll give me the strength to push through these few busy weeks, and then push through summer. I'm not sure how I'm going to keep the kiddies busy.

I will have to do a post soon to show off my goodies. No not another purse. ;)

Have a lovely weekend!
xo

10 comments:

  1. julie, julie, julie - LOVE that pic. your kiddos are simply the cutest.

    you will get through everything with Jesus - you can lean on him.

    haircut.... i know its hard, i was that way with Bror. looking back now, i saw he looked like art garfunkle (what was i thinking?)

    the flower - gor-jus! not sure, maybe a protea? looks exotic.

    do you ever get to seaview park? might be fun for the kids to play together sometime.

    have a beautfiul weekend and enjoy that big yellow ball of warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what no purse? what is this world coming to? Enjoy the sun! And just think of your friend Lissa and realize that if she can do it... anyone can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Julie! summer fun!! I got some of those flowers in a bundle from my best friend and we both commented on how beautiful they are, and no, I have no idea what they are called. When I was little my mom used to give me a paint brush and a bowl of water and I would paint the bricks in front of our house for hours...maybe I was easily amused or it was her way of keeping me busy but I loved it...maybe your kids will too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pic is so cool looking. Love it. Well, you know that we will have some rainy summer days. Need some ideas for summer? I plan to take the kids to the Children's Museum in Everett, Pump it up, or the mall. On nice days...zoo, ferry ride, play at different parks, ride bikes, water fun, painting outside, bubbles etc. It will go fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures, and I wish I knew the name of the flower, it's beautiful! summer and kids.... I look so forward to it and then I get the panicked moments of what to do with them when they get bored with relaxing... which is what i want to do!
    have a great weekend,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  6. "orange pin cushion protea"...surprised I knew the answer? :)

    Have a good weekend! We're off to dinner at Arnie's and the waterfront festival tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing what the "goodies" are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love those scriptures. Thank you so much for sharing. I am having the same anxiety, so I'm there with ya. These are unsure times that we are living in. So good to be reminded of the scriptures that gives us a hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your weekend is restful and fabulous, Julie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first verse you posted. And the sun! Hope you're enjoying it. I've been loving it soo much that I haven't even checked my blog in a few days. :)
    Blessings,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Jaxon's haircut, btw.

    ReplyDelete