Hello my friends! I can't believe it's already Friday. Finally! :)
I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I did. God really blessed me with his grace. It wasn't the miserable day I'd worried it would be. My oldest daughter planned breakfast in bed for me (she made a little list of everything and gave it to her dad, so cute!). She is so naturally thoughtful. I loved the little handmade gifts the kids made for me in their classes. Aren't those the best?
We spent a little time in our front yard planting some new flowers. I worked on putting this flower pot together. I know it's not the traditional Mother's Day activity, but I really enjoyed it. My mom loved gardening. It's one of the things I wish I would have gotten to do with her now that it's starting to interest me more.

Wednesday was so rough. I guess all the emotions I expected to have Sunday hit me then. I spent most of the day in the bed. My husband was a good sport about it. He helped as much as he could. I think my oldest could almost run the house on her own. I would never tell her that of course. :) She is a huge help to me. God really knows what he's doing when puts families together.
To pull myself out of my pity party I started thinking about all the things I'm blessed with. The basic things...a healthy family, a roof over our heads, clothes, food. All the stuff I take for granted. How blessed I was to have my mom even if it wasn't for as long as I would have liked. It was hard, but changing my focus definitely helped.
Here is my beautiful family! I think our last family picture was before Jaxon was born. Time flies.
Oh and I got my information from Compassion. We're sponsoring a 6 year old little boy named Anthony from Ecuador. I'm so excited about this opportunity to be a blessing to someone so far away. My hubby has a real heart for South America, Uruguay in particular. I'm sure I will be talking about that sometime in the future. :)
If you're not already please pray for my friend, Melinda.
Have a wonderful weekend!
xo

What a sweet daughter to give you breakfast in bed. Glad you made it through on Mother's Day, but sorry it was a delayed reaction on Wed. I wish I knew these things so I could have done something to cheer you up. Call me when you have times like these. I'm not just saying that either. Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteBTW...Your flower pot looks great. Good job.
Julie ~ I can't imagine how tought this Mothers days was for you. You are such a great mom. Sounds like your family is so loving. That in itself is a great gift. I totally understand about being grateful. I am trying to remind myself of all those things I have to be grateful for too.
ReplyDeleteLike friends like you. Your prayers mean so much to me. Thank you, thank you. I feel so much more hopeful today.
Blessings and hugs to you, Melinda
Such a beautiful post. I'm glad that God has blessed you with such amazing children. It truly is amazing what a change of focus can do for one's day. I pray that God continue to bless you.
ReplyDeleteNora
Oh Jolia... What a super sweetie! So great she takes care of her mama!! Sorry that Wed was so hard!! Thanks for my card!
ReplyDeleteMy mom is actually involved with Compassion and is in Africa right now visiting an orphanage in Uganda!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend,
xo
God has certianly blessed you and your family, that was very sweet of your daughter to bring you breakfast in bed! Have a lovely weekend, and I am glad you are able to participate in Compassion, every little bit counts!
ReplyDelete