Friday, May 22, 2009

The sun changes everything

pic from hawaiisunshine.org

Waking up to sunshine is so good for my soul. Today is a new day! And we have nothing but fun planned.

Yesterday was so topsy turvy. I got to spend a couple hours with no kids. Yeah! And then got a message from a concerned parent about my little sister. We couldn't touch base right away so I wandered around Costco worrying about what she'd done wrong. I had so many mixed emotions about having to deal with it at all. Don't I have enough on my plate, Lord? and It's not fair! I felt like a little kid throwing a fit. :) I love that He loves me regardless. I actually feel silly now looking back, thinking of all the energy I spent stressing about something I really have no control over. God is the only one truly in control and He'll give me whatever I need to get through whatever situation I'm in. :)

When I did finally get to talk to the parent the conversation wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. Yes, I needed to talk to my sister about some things. No it wasn't the end of the world. But it reminded me of the new position I'm in. My dad's schedule has switched at work and now he's not as easy to get a hold of, plus he's not a woman. Sigh. So part of my weekend plans include filling in my dad on what's going on and such. But not today!

Today is a play day! Today is a not worry about tomorrow day!

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:34

Isn't that so true!

I bought these daisies on my Costco trip. I love color. The pot in the background is from a Mother's Day present my mom gave me years ago. She and my sister planted flowers in it. It was sweet. It's been in the garage for a very long time waiting. Finally got around to putting something in it again. It felt good. The other pot is from Costco. I got that a couple months ago with some other flowers in it. They didn't last very long so it gets new life too. :)

I hope you all get to enjoy the long weekend!

xo

P.S. If you think of me, will you pray for wisdom? I really need wisdom on what words to say when I talk with my dad. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Love your post. Great scripture for today. Hope you have a blessed weekend and I will pray for wisdom for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little Jami got in trouble at school? Caleb didn't tell me anything ;-)

    Well the verse you chose for today was EXACTLY what I needed as my mind has been racing after what I found out this morning about my job. In fact, it was a good release for me to shed a few tears. So thank you for sharing that verse. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for wisdom...remember that the Holy Spirit will speak through you...Just like there is no need to worry about tomorrow, there is no need in worrying about what to say. God will give you the right words. I am praying that your conversation goes well. Also hoping you had a great fun day. Amen about sun being good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie ~ Hurray for the sun. You always have such a great attitude. I love that about you. Your verse is SO perfect for all of us. I have your card right here by my computer, and just like you said, God's loving arms are around us. No need to worry. :)

    Great job on the flowers! I have that same metal container I got at costco too (had daffs & primroses in it). I put a couple herbs in there.... let's cross our fingers for more sun.

    I know God will guide your words and your heart.

    "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. " James 3:17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful and relaxed Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie! Don't forget to let me know which card set you want and your address so I can get them to you! :) email me through Frenchieandflea.etsy.com 's shop! :) I hope your weekend was full of blessings and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete