Friday, April 24, 2009

Everybody needs friends!

It's so funny that Lissa posted about friendship today. It's been on my mind too. I started thinking about it when I read this post on Stefie's Journey, and reading some other lovely ladies posts about long lasting friendships between women. I'll admit I was even a little jealous. :) I have great friends, but sometimes it is so hard to cultivate a friendship when life is so busy. I can only imagine how well you would know each other if you'd been friends since kindergarten or even jr. high. I want that for my girls! A very dear friend of mine asks me every so often if my oldest has a special friend. I'd never really given it much thought. But honestly how special would it be if my girls (and boys) could have such meaningful relationships. So I am on the lookout for friends! :) And of course reminding my kids they are each others best friends too.

We went to Pioneer Farms today. It was fun. I'm so tired. And I just remembered my french press has been on the counter since before I started writing. I guess I will be extra awake for movie night.

Happy weekend! xo

8 comments:

  1. That is my dream...that my kids are best friends with each other when they become adults. I think it stems from the lack of relationship I have with my own siblings which is terribly sad to me. So many factors have played into that. So I know what you mean about wanting your kids to be each others best friends. It's a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i wish my kids would just get along! everyone fights way to much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They could be friends with my girls... (except lately my girls are being naughty...) I LOVE JAYLA and JOLIA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat, Julie. I think the "oldest" friend I have goes back to college days. And my brother, my sister, and I have a good relationship, but I wouldn't say we're great friends... Being married to Jim (& fam) and seeing their friendships (among siblings and friends from childhood), that's what I want for my children and am praying specifically for that everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw, that's an adorable pic of the girls? did you have fun at pioneer farm?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie ~ Aloha! It was so good to see you yesterday. You seemed so relaxed.

    I know what you mean about friendships for our children. One of the best things about having #2, is a playmate for #1. I didn't have that... it makes you a little bit lonely inside. I don't ever want that for my kids. I want them to have someone to share their memories with.

    You can make friends for yourself, but you cannot make your own siblings. :)

    xo Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you that it's really hard to maintain friendships when we are all so busy. I have a friend that has been in my life since kindegarten! We don't speak everyday and mostly talk via e-mail, but I still consider her a close friend even though we can't talk everyday like we used to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I'm re-living jr. high, let's just say we met then. ;)
    Thanks for being such a great friend to me.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete