Wednesday, April 15, 2009

God's Garden

Today's the day. I wanted to share a poem that some of you may have heard. We had it on the program at my mom's memorial. Some pics of my mom...

I hope everyone is having a good week.

xo

This is one of my favorite pics of my mom, her mom (who is in heaven), her dad and me.

The most recent pic I have of mom and I

God's Garden

God looked around His garden and found an empty place.
He then looked down upon the earth and saw your tired face.
He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest.
God's garden must be beautiful. He always takes the best.
He knew that you were suffering. He knew you were in pain.
He knew that you would never get well on earth again.
He saw the road was getting rough and the hills were hard to climb.
So He closed your weary eyelids and whispered "Peace be thine".
It broke our hearts to lose you but you didn't go alone.
For part of us went with you the day God called you home.

-author unknown

5 comments:

  1. beautiful Julie! Still thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie ~ You are a beautiful woman... hugs and prayers to you on your journey. ~ Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that was Jayla in the top picture, but it was you! Wow. Yes, you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures and your journey through this difficult time. We are still praying. Enjoy the rest of your time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your heart. That was so beautiful...you are beautiful. I asked God to give you a hug for me. :)

    ReplyDelete