I was convicted today in Bible Study. It happens a lot. Somehow in the business of each day it's so easy to forget my priorities. One of the biggest priorities in my life are my kids. Our Bible study is the Beth Moore study on Esther. There is so much to get out of it. Today when I heard the words "reap what you sow" I thought oh boy. What am I sowing into the life of my kids? I'm a good mom, I know that, but I could be doing so much more. I know that my kids see hubby and I trying to live godly lives, and they learn from bedtime Bible stories and prayer time, and they'll pick up lots of great (and not so great) things from others around them. But I want and need to be more deliberate. I want kids that are so filled with God's love and spirit they're overflowing into the lives of people around them. I need to pray about how to exemplify that for them.God also told me (for the millionth time), I need to be on my knees. I must be one of his more annoying children having to be told the same thing over and over. I know how frustrating that can be. :) I'm just glad he's so much more patient with me than I am with my own kids. Here I am in one of the most difficult times of my life, I don't know why I'm not down there all of the time. He wants so much more for me than just getting by.
Lastly, he told me to trust him. I can't even get into all that that entails for me. I just love being reminded how much he loves me, all of us, and how faithful he is. He will never let us down. Some of us need that drummed into us more than others. :)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
xo
I keep hearing so many good things about this Ester study. I think I need to make the next bible study done at Westgate a priority. You can never have enough fellowship.
ReplyDeleteIt is always good to have a reminder of how much God loves us. He is constantly having to remind me to trust. I've heard it a million times but it's hard letting go.
Praying you have a blessed day!
Nora
I am so with ya on this one. My posts sometimes make me sound like super mom and I don't mean for them to AT ALL becuase I know that I'm NOT. But we do the best we can at that time for the state of mind we are in. We can't always be on top of everything. We'd lose our sanity. I also need to be on my knees. That is probably my biggest weakness cause it requires time, patience, and belief in what God can do.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your heart. I loved this post especially becuase I can relate to ALL of it.
What wonderful messages to get.... Jen
ReplyDeleteToday was great, wasn't it! :)
ReplyDelete