Thursday, April 9, 2009

My plate and procrastination

Here's my plate. :) Now that I think about it I think they've had it for awhile. I must have resisted the temptation to buy the first time I saw it. Unfortunately, the dish I made the other night had the tiniest bit of curry in it and it stained the plate. Oh well. It's still cute.

I'm taking a break from trying to pack. I have a pile of clothes to go through, tons of laundry to do (mainly the kids), a house that needs some TLC and an empty suitcase. I still need to finish the kids thing's for Easter too. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.

All week I've been trying to figure out a way to get out of going. I want to be there but at the same time I don't. I'm excited to be in Hawaii but I wish it was under different circumstances and with Johnny and the kids. I wish it was a true vacation. I wish my mom was going to be there with us. I'm trusting that God has a plan for this trip (other than the obvious).

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
-Isaiah 26:3

xo

6 comments:

  1. Hi friend. Love the plate. When do you go? I'm so sorry you're going through all of this! I can't even imagine...

    I tried to eat dinner with you last night but Johnny was there with Jolia instead. I wasn't at Bible study because our furnace broke and I was waiting for the repair man.

    Will you be at church for Easter Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheery plate. So cute. I hope you get everything done before you go. I feel the same way and I'm not even going anywhere ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying your trip goes well and is a blessing. God will reveal himself to you. Stay strong. You are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie~ I know this must be so incredibly difficult for you. God is good. He will keep his hand on you and your family. Blessings to you and hugs too. ~ Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the visit to my blog-I am glad to have the chance to meet you-and your darling kids!!! They are just darling! Blessings to you-it sounds like you have some hard things to do-I pray that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for you tonight
    peace & blessings to you
    xo

    ReplyDelete